Today I stopped by the UPS store to drop off a package for Kade. He has been sick, and also needed a few things like more athletic socks, his Spanish dictionary, and more cough medicine. I only paid 3 dollars for two packages totaling more than 8 lbs. Pretty good. If I had kept them under 4 lbs, it would have been free, but we kind of threw in some treats.
The gentleman at the store and I were chatting, and I mentioned that I had a daughter in the Guatemala MTC also (too bad a package there isn't cheap). He said, "Oh, you are a member of the 800 club." I was like, what???? He then proceeded to tell me that, copying the Christian 700 club, LDS parents that have 2 children serving are in the 800 club. Get it? We pay 800 dollars a month--lol. Well, every penny is worth it! And a lot of parents mention that in the end it is cheaper than having them home. I don't know about that, but we do have less people in the house. We will see if the bills go down.
One thing that I am struggling with is learning how to cook for 4, soon to be 3. I make way too much food. Kade ate a lot I guess. And he never gained weight!
Another thing that has changed is that we got a dog. I wasn't sure we wanted one, but apparently the majority of the "we" did. He is a cutie, and he is fun, but puppies are a lot of work!
No comments:
Post a Comment