Friday, April 5, 2013

This morning I ran across this blog In the Head of a Fox while exploring Pinterest.  It was because of an article about her in LDS Living titled "Tattooed Mormon". Next I saw a Youtube link to a talk by President Monson given in 2010, titled Charity Never Faileth.  I started wondering if after three years of this journey to become a less judgmental member, that finally things are going to make sense to me in my inner struggles to stand up for my beliefs, and yet still accept others as they are.  I have really had an inner struggle trying to figure out how to reconcile the two.

My inner thoughts say it does not matter what we do or what we look like or what choices we make--what matters is our personal relationship with Our Father and His Son. And yet, I still struggle with jumping to conclusions when I see people I "think" have always KNOWN the truth and still choose to go against it.  I wonder how they could just throw it all away.  Or how they can just regard their testimonies as so trivial. My testimony is my greatest gift.

My own struggle and conversion is and has been a life long process.  I remember as a 17 year old going to Church with my friend--for boys, college boys.  She was going to a BYU ward, and I was not really going at all.  I started going with her, and the following year, went to college at BYU.  During the next two years I took the required religion classes, and learned a great deal--because I had to.  I wanted to know more, but also more about other religions.I don't remember how I met this guy but he asked me out and took me to a Jehovah Witness get together.  I think it was like a missionary effort.  I don't remember what was said during the entire night because in my mind I continuously heard, "Shauna, you know which Church is true".  That night changed my life.

As we head into conference weekend, I hope I can learn and grow and apply the things our wonderful leaders have prepared for us.  I have a feeling they will be speaking directly to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said. We will both be listening intently during conference. Love you! We both know which church is true! And I am happy that I know it.

    ReplyDelete