Part of the missionary experience is going to the Temple before you leave. It is a wonderful experience, where you get to be at your son or daughter's side and actually learn from the beginning all over again. I learned a lot. I learned that I need to go more often. I learned that thinking about two kids going through for their first time can throw our train of thought out the window........I learned that my kids are definitely spiritually ready.
It was nice spending the day with Destinee and Kade. This past week it has hit me pretty hard that they will both be gone and that I will miss them terribly. Yes, I know I am blessed beyond measure, and that a lot of parents wish they had one kid going on a mission. Having two going is really a blessing. It is just hard for moms to let go......
No comments:
Post a Comment