After the longest week of my life, I finally received email from Destinee and Kade. For those that don't already know, the 1st week of your kids in the MTC is the LONGEST--for the parents. We hope, we pray, we miss them terribly. You wait every day for that first letter or email, that will tell you when their P-days will be so you can at least schedule your wait time. When it finally comes, you feel like it is the most glorious Christmas ever.
Destinee's email came at around 1 pm, just before my daughter and I got home from the movies. We were so excited. Destinee went into detail, as much as she had time for, and said she was sending a snail mail home. We found out about her companions, how she is eating, and how many times she has seen her brother, her trip to the Temple. She mentioned that she had very little time to write, and yet she managed to say a lot.
On the other hand, Kade's email came around 11 am, again while we were gone, and his included a response to my email asking if he needed anything, and a response to an email I sent asking for his passwords.Wow, the difference between boys and girls is obvious here. Boys, your moms need a little bit more information!
So, hearing that a snail mail will be coming from Destinee, and HOPING one will be coming from Kade, I will be anticipating mail today. I guess my mailman is used to my reactions, since he did witness and hand deliver their calls........
No comments:
Post a Comment