I have been thinking a lot lately about sacrifices, trials, and strength. Why can one person have a trial, and they never see it as a trial? What makes that person so strong? Take for instance my daughter. She has dealt with a trial for a few years, but she has never seen it as a burden. She has always been thankful that she has not had a worse medical affliction. She was even told she would be limited where she would be able to serve a mission, and yet the Lord sent her to Guatemala. I think He sent her there because He knew her and knew that she could handle less than ideal situations. She had already proved that to Him. I really admire her strength.
I wonder, would I be able to overcome my physical limitations, or work through the pain, or have the strength? I doubt it. My hope would be that I could push past my own selfishness and learn to serve others. I have decided to make some new goals. I am not sure what they will be, but I know the direction I want to go with this. I want to become a person who can overcome, who can serve without selfish thoughts, and who can learn to NOT give myself limits
No comments:
Post a Comment