Tuesday, August 3, 2010

quiet time

It is amazing how you hope for something, and then you get it, and you don't want it any more.  For a couple of weeks I have been hoping for just a little bit of down time.  I really really needed it.  Well guess what, I got it and it is too dang quiet!!! 

 It has been fun keeping up with Destinee and Kade's missions.  I feel really overwhelmed, but it is so fun to share in the adventure.  And I love being in spiritual mode.  Lately a lot has happened that might make some question their beliefs but for me it has strengthened them.  I have someone targeting my beliefs.  I got a bit snappy about it one day and my daughter calmed me down and stopped me from being a total poop.  I admire my daughter so much.  She doesn't know that she actually knows more than me, and that is impressive given that she is only 15.  Sure I have lived longer, and have more book knowledge, and some more life knowledge, but she surpasses me in spiritual knowledge.  Wow, what would it have been like to have that at 15?

I know a girl who is thinking about a mission.  I know she wants to get married.  I wonder if there will be a time when young ladies are actually encouraged to go on missions instead of just waiting around to get married?  A mission is such a life building experience and if they learn to serve as a missionary does, they will be much better wives and mothers.  I hope this young lady continues to fill out her papers, and does serve a mission.  The right guy will be here when she gets home.  I am proud of Destinee for making that decision.  She knew it was the right thing to do.  I sure wish I had had the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment